- Shut-out, shut-in—
- That one vibration,
- Plucks the ribs syncopated, breathless,
- Heaven-crashed on hymns;
- Eyes closed to coaxed sightings
- (Striking foot, thundering free
- In the smizing tyranny of storms—
- The golden stag’s chariot
- Wells to the bottom of our eyes,
- Comet-felled, bliss-torn)
- Of this one brilliant moon
- Glown between candles cadences.
- These fissures of heat, that scar, shimmer fingertips
- To find their echoes in each other.
- And with one look,
- This warmth salts the seas.